Press (Ctrl+D) to add the page!You have to do this manually!Please fill the form below
Makalu is the 5th Highest mountain in the world
and this is near by the top of the world (Everest). This region is
blessed with an incredible diversity of natural beauty and
culture. Due to its isolation and lack of tea houses this area
still receives few trekkers. Sherpa Rai and Limbus are the main
habitants in this area. Walking north of the Arun river to Sedua
and Nun, then crossing Barun La(4110m.) into the upper Barun
Khola valley for a close look at Makalu(8463m).The second part
of the trek is very difficult and almost impossible without
Leaving the riverside beyond the sprawling village of Tumlingtar, with its small, grass airstrip, the trail winds up through terraced hillsides to the substantial town of Khandbari with its flag stoned pavements and three-storied, stone-built, shop-houses.
On a clear, crisp morning I scaled the stony, moss-covered hillside above the campsite at Shershon to attain a superb 360 degree view of the surrounding peaks; most unnamed and identified only by their survey numbers. Bounding the glaciated valley to the south arose the ice-hung of Peak 6 ( Mt. Tutse ) and Peak 4 while to the north were the pointed summits of Peaks 3 and 5. However these were all eclipsed by the majestic Makalu with its soaring ridges and sheer granite faces sweeping skywards only a stone's-throw away. Walking across to the western edge of the plateau I looked down to the Barun Pokhari and on up the great glacier to the two other 8000metre giants of Lhotse and Everest.
From Shershon it is only a short distance further up the valley to the site, on wide gravel flats, for the base camps for climbing expeditions to Mt. Makalu. Beyond base camp we followed a faint trail, marked by small cairns, over the rough convoluted moraines of the Barun Glacier to Advanced Base Camp and, next day, accompanied by Lakpa and Dorje, I scrambled up a rocky ridge to a height of some 6000metres directly beneath the imposing north-west face of Makalu.
Follow the footsteps of the first Westerners to visit Everest.
Trekking over high passes to the remote eastern valleys.
Close-up views of the world's highest mountains.
Continue beyond the Makalu Base Camp crossing 3 high passes
Normal Weather Conditions : Be well prepared against coldness and very often the rains
Accommodation : Give priority to Camping / Local Lodges not found everywhere
Medical / Emergency Facilities : Better to carry own First - Aid Kit while trekking.
Communication Facilities : Telephones available at Tumlingtar, trek starting point.
Rescue Operations : Helicopter Flights from Kathmandu (Normally within 01½ hrs)
Guidebook(s) : Trekking in Nepal Himalaya - Lonely Planet
Season(s) : Spring: March - June / Autumn: September - November
Itinerary / Trip Details.
Day 01: Arrive Kathmandu & Transfer to Hotel. (See the Hotels we use). Day 02: Full day guided sightseeing around of the Kathmandu valley.Join us for the welcome dinner at evening. Hotel Overnight. Day 03: Flight: Kathmandu - Tumlingtar (860 m).Trek to Khadbari (1,040m) (4 hrs). Camp Day 04: Trek Khadbari to Chichila (1,830 m) (5/6 hrs). Camp Day 05: Trek Chichila to Num (1,490 m) (5 hrs). Camp Day 06: Trek Num to Sedua (1,460 m) (5/6 hrs). Camp Day 07: Trek Sedua to Tashi Gaon (2,070 m) (5 hrs). Camp Day 08: Trek Tashi Gaon to Kauma (3,470 m) (6 hrs). Camp Day 09: Rest / Exploration day at Kauma. Camp Day 10: Trek Kauma to Mumbuk (3,570 m) (5 hrs). Camp Day 11: Trek Mumbuk to Nhe Kharka (3,000 m) (6 hrs). Camp Day 12: Trek Nhe Kharka to Sherson (4,615 m) (7 hrs). Camp Day 13: Trek Sherson to Makalu Base Camp (5,000 m) (4/5 hrs). Camp Day 14: Explore Makalu Base Camp. Day 15: Trek Makalu Base Camp to Nhe Kharka (3,000 m) (7 hrs). Camp Day 16: Trek Nhe kharka to Mumbuk (3,570 m) (6 hrs). Camp Day 17: Trek Mumbuk to Kauma (3,470m) (5 hrs). Camp Day 18: Trek Kauma to Tashi Gaon (2,070 m) (5 hrs). Camp Day 19: Trek Tashi Gaun to Pukuwa (1,520 m) (6 hrs). Camp Day 20: Trek Pukuwa to Bumling (1,160 m) (5 hrs). Camp Day 21: Trek Bumling to Tumlingtar (860 m) (4 hrs). Camp. Day 22: Flight: Tumlingtar - Kathmandu. Hotel Overnight. Day 23: Free day to explore, and enjoy Kathmandu. Hotel Overnight. Day 24: Final Departure.
NOTE: iF YOU ARE INTERESTED, WE OPERATE THIS TREKKING TRIP IN LIGHT
CAMPING BASED. pLEASE CONTACT US IF YOU ARE INTERESTED ON THIS SERVICE.
- Welcome at Kathmandu (KTM) Airport
- Airport pick up service & transfer to your hotel
- KTM 4 nights 2 stars hotel room with breakfast
- Sightseeing in three cultural heritage sites for 3 hrs.
- All necessary trekking paper works such as trekking permit (TIMS), national
park entry permit & - conservation permit
- Applied Park Permit fee
- Trekking Permit (TIMS) fee
- Makalu region experienced government licensed and trained local English
speaking guide - A care taker calling sherpa, support to pitch tents
and guarding camp at night
- Cook and kitchen supporter/s as per group size
- Required kitchen utensils
- Cooking fuel and lighting service
- Required portage service to carry tents, food stuffs, fuels & kitchen utensils
- Hot breakfasts, pack lunches (hot in rest day) and hot dinners based on our
Eco-friendly Nepali set Outdoor Menu as per itinerary
- 2 men tent in sharing basis
- All camping site charges - Treated drinking water to fill in your bottle
- Camp/dine fire/warm up charge where available
- Guide staff/porter foods, insurance, salary, equipment, transportation & local
- All road transport by public/private vehicle as per itinerary
one way internal flights
domestic airport tax
- Applicable government taxes (13% VAT and 10% tourism service charges)
- Hotel Domestic airport/bus park-hotel transfers service
- Travel and rescue arrangement support
- Trip crew medical supplies (first aid kit)
- Trip success certificate (case of trip success)
- Airport transfer to KTM Airport by vehicle after trip
THE PRICE DOES NOT INCLUDE:
- Your all kinds of insurance
- Visa fees
- Single supplements except solo trip service
- Lunch and evening meals in Kathmandu
- Airport departure taxes (about USD 25 per person)
- Bar bills and laundry
- Optional trips
- All except explained in "PRICE INCLUDES" section above